Business owners looking to streamline the formation process have long turned to incorporation services, and the right incorporation service can lift a weight off of your shoulders. Still, there are dozens of services available, so you should carefully consider each provider's merits. Today, we'll compare ZenBusiness and BizFilings side-by-side to see which provides the best services for you.
ZenBusiness vs BizFilings: The Verdict
ZenBusiness is a Texas-based service provider that was created recently - in 2015. BizFilings was created in 1996 and has helped form more than half a million businesses.
ZenBusiness is known for being a low-cost provider with services starting at $49, BizFilings is also competitive, but the cheapest package is $99. BizFilings offers additional services, including guidance on what business entity is correct for you, but ZenBusiness offers competitive registered agent services and free accountancy services.
Choose ZenBusiness if:
- You're starting an LLC or non-profit
- You want to save money
- You want free accountancy services
Choose BizFilings if:
- You want a provider with a long-running reputation
- You're not sure what business entity is best for you
Services Offered & Pricing
ZenBusiness and BizFilings offer similar services, with multiple price points available, but ZenBusiness offers superior value for money and add-ons, such as domain support with their more expensive package. BizFilings' Complete package provides a similar level of service to ZenBusiness's Pro package at around double the price.
ZenBusiness also offers inclusive registered agent services, whereas BizFilings only provides this for six months. To renew your registered agent services with BizFilings, you must pay $174.
- Several packages are offered
- Registered agent services are offered
- ZenBusiness offers superior value for money
- BizFilings registered agent service only covers you for six months - then you'll need to renew
BizFilings Packages & Pricing
BizFilings offers several packages, from $99 onwards. Each package provides more than the last.
Basic package - $99 + state fees
This is the cheapest package, including six months of registered agent service and a basic business filing in your state. If you want any other services, you'll need to purchase them on an a la carte basis.
Standard package - $229 + state fees
The Standard package provides the services listed above, plus extras including:
- Company kit and seal
- Legal form templates, for example, for an operating agreement
- Expedited processing
Complete package - $359-389 + state fees
The Complete package comprises the above, in addition to extras such as:
- EIN/Federal Tax ID
- Certified copies of legal documents
- Overnight rush filing
ZenBusiness Packages & Pricing
ZenBusiness also offers three packages for you to choose from; let's take a detailed analysis of each package.
Starter package - $49/year
This package is ZenBusiness's cheapest and one of the cheapest out there. It includes the following:
- Free operating agreement
- Customer support through phone and email
- Filing articles for companies
- Complete access to necessary paperwork and document for your LLC
- One-year registered agent services with LLC formation (only $119 for subsequent years)
- Worry-free CPA assessment with an in-house accountant - includes recommendations for accounting software and licensed CPAs
Pro Package - $199/year
The Pro package is ideal for entrepreneurs who need additional features, including:
- Acquisition of Employer Identification Number (EIN) required to file your LLC taxes and open a bank account (the service costs $70 extra if purchased separately)
- Domain name registration ($25)
- Excellent filing speed (formation documents completed within one week)
- Worry-free guarantee, which includes insurance on document filings to keep them in good standing if they're not submitted in time
Premium Package - $299/year
The ZenBusiness Premium package includes all the Starter and Pro package features and some extra perks, including:
- Expedited filing speed
- Business email address
- Domain name registration and name privacy
- 100% accuracy guarantee
- Business website to allow customers to establish an online presence at a very reasonable price
Document Management & Online Experience
ZenBusiness offers an excellent, streamlined 5-step signup process with all formation packages. The online experience is smooth and secure. BizFilings also offers smooth business formation services online and rates equally well for ease of use, but ZenBusiness does slightly better. Whichever provider you choose, you'll be able to manage all of your important legal documents online without any hassle, needless redirection, or upsells.
- No upselling
- A smooth, secure website
- You can do everything online
- ZenBusiness has a more streamlined sign-up process
ZenBusiness's turnaround time is impacted by the package that you choose - you'll experience much faster services with a higher-end package. BizFilings offers rush processing for an extra fee, but you should be aware that part of their processes rely on third-party agents, which means it's harder to control turnaround time.
- Rush/expedited processing is available
- BizFilings relies on third-party agents
Compliance & Track Record
ZenBusiness hasn't been around for long but has no compliance issues and only good customer reviews concerning their popular LLC formation services. They are regularly touted as one of the best online incorporation services due to their speedy signup process. BizFilings is similar, with scores of positive reviews, but they have a more robust track record as they've been around for more than 20 years.
- No compliance issues
- Excellent customer feedback
- ZenBusiness is a fully online formation company with a 5-step signup process to get your new business up and running in minutes
- BizFilings has been around for longer
ZenBusiness is popular with entrepreneurs partly due to its excellent customer support. You can contact customer support via multiple channels, live chat, email, and phone. BizFilings only offers phone and email support at this time, but they are just as reliable and committed to exemplary customer support.
- You can contact customer services in multiple ways
- The customer service teams are knowledgeable and friendly
- ZenBusiness has a live chat
The experience you have with a service provider will depend heavily on the business structure that you're setting up. Let's look at what the providers can offer each business entity.
Choosing ZenBusiness for your limited liability company is an excellent idea. They are one of the best LLC services on the market, providing stellar incorporation services for a low price, in addition to accountancy services and (with the more expensive packages) online/domain assistance if you require it.
ZenBusiness's additional services, such as a free consultation with an in-house accountant, are beneficial to corporations. In addition to free registered agent services, ZenBusiness has a lot to offer S-corps and C-corps.
ZenBusiness can help you set up a DBA or partnership agreement for just $49, including a full year of registered agent services. In addition, online reviews reveal that most of the clients who've used ZenBusiness's partnership services are pleased with the outcome.
It's hard to recommend a provider other than ZenBusiness; ZenBusiness is affordable for cost-conscious non-profit organizations and has a budding reputation. But attaining tax-exempt status with the IRS can be complex and sometimes requires legal advice. It's challenging to find testimonies from non-profit clients, so you may want to play it safe and use BizFilings.
The Last Word
ZenBusiness is an excellent service provider that aims to have set up more than 1 million business entities by 2025 - and they seem to be on target! BizFilings has a long-running reputation, which may come in handy. BizFilings can also help provide you with information and advice if you're unsure which type of structure is right for you. BizFilings is ideal if you're less sure of what you want and are happy to pay a little more for guidance. If you know what you want and don't need much support, you should choose ZenBusiness.