When you start a business, you'll have a lot to consider, including an array of legislative and legal compliance requirements. One way to reduce the headache is to purchase a company formation service. If you use an incorporation service, you can hand over the hard work to the professionals. IncFile and CorpNet Incorporation Services both provide excellent services and will be compared side by side to help you understand which is best for your business.
IncFile Vs. CorpNet: The Verdict
IncFile and CorpNet offer a vast selection of incorporation services, including state tax registration. IncFile lost BBB accreditation due to unresolved customer complaints, and overall, CorpNet has a decent reputation for customer service. CorpNet offers faster rush-filing services.
Choose CorpNet If:
- You value more responsive customer service
- You need add-ons like trademark filing (for an additional fee)
- You want a company with a better reputation
- You're starting a partnership
Choose IncFile if:
- You want a registered agent service (free for the first full year), while CorpNet does offer this, limited to 60 days
- You want a free LLC formation service with the silver package (not including state fees)
Services Offered & Pricing
The services offered have quite a few similarities. However, there are also significant differences, including IncFiles free service (for limited liability companies) is unmatched on price and CorpNet's turnaround time is incredibly impressive, with 24-hour rush filing available. CorpNet is a little on the pricy side, but with excellent customer support and speedy turnaround times, it's a price worth paying. CorpNet also offers additional services that IncFile doesn't, such as Business Permit assistance and Trademark search and filing services (for a fee).
- Expedited filing is offered
- You can set up a corporation, non-profit, and LLC with both
- Both offer additional services, such as a registered agent service and federal tax ID number assistance
- CorpNet can help you with trademarks
- IncFile has a free package and generally slightly lower prices
- CorpNet's expedited filing is much faster
- CorpNet caters to partnerships
CorpNet Packages & Pricing
Basic package - $209
- Business name check: CorpNet will check if your company name is available before registering it for you
- Paperwork assistance: Preparation and filing of articles of organization
- Registered Agent Service: A registered agent service is important for ensuring legal compliance and the safe handling of your important documents. The basic package includes a 60 day trial of registered agent service
Deluxe package - $329
The Deluxe package includes everything in the basic package plus:
- Employer Identification Number (EIN): The EIN is a 9-digit number that acts as a Social security number for your company. If you have an EIN, you can do several things, such as filing business taxes and opening a business bank account
- Business agreement assistance: Preparation of Articles of Incorporation (Corporations) or Articles of Organization (LLCs)
Complete package - $379
The complete package includes everything from the deluxe package and:
- Business agreement assistance: Custom bylaws and minutes (corporations) or custom operating agreements (LLC)
- Articles of incorporation: CorpNet can handle the preparation and filing of articles of incorporation (corporations) or articles of organization (LLCs)
- Paperwork copies: You'll be given a certified filed copy of your formation documents
- Banking: Custom corporate banking resolution
IncFile Packages & Pricing
Silver package - $0 + state fee
- Preparation and Filing of Your Articles of Organization: These are the required documents for your LLC formation; Inc File will handle everything for you
- Company Name Availability Searches: Inc File searches in your formation state to ensure your business name isn't already used
- One Year of Free Registered Agent Services: You get access to free registered agent services for one full year with a Silver Package. Following years will be charged $119 annually if you choose to continue this service
- Order Status Tracking: IncFile offers an order status tracking tool that monitors the status of your order
- Business Tax Consultation: One of the services included in this package is a no-obligation tax consultation for 30 minutes with a certified tax professional
- Lifetime Company Alerts: You'll receive email notifications to remind you of important dates, such as filing annual reports or other compliance requirements
- Online Document Access: Once your state of formation returns your filed documents to IncFile, they will be ready for viewing and downloading on your online dashboard
Gold package - $149 + state fee
The Gold package includes everything from the Silver package, plus the following:
- Employer Identification Number (EIN): The EIN is a 9-digit number that acts as an SSS number for your company. If you have an EIN, you can do some things such as filing business taxes or opening a business bank account. You can obtain your EIN on your own from the IRS or let IncFile do the work for you
- Custom Operating Agreement: If you are a Gold Package IncFile customer, IncFile LLC will draft and finalize your operating agreement
- Banking Resolution: You can officially open a business bank account if you have a banking resolution. However, the banking resolution document would be redundant and unnecessary if you already have an EIN
- Gold Business Formation Kit: You will receive a kit that bears the name of your company together with a transfer ledger
- S Corporation Tax Form Preparation: Only a few LLCs use this feature. But in case you wish to be taxed the way an S Corporation is taxed, the document preparation and filing will be done by IncFile for you
Platinum package - $299 + state fee:
The Platinum package includes everything in the gold package, including extras such as:
- Expedited Document Filing: IncFile LLC will choose to expedite the filing of your documents in case your state of formation offers an expedited service. Customers who upgrade this Platinum Package will enjoy the ease of use
- Sample Document Library: IncFile LLC will give you access to their document library that provides their customers various and commonly used legal contract templates
- Business Website and Domain Name: You will be provided with your business website and domain name
Document Management & Online Experience
CorpNet's document management process is a breeze. The online interface is simple to use; you can even access your documents on your mobile device through the Compliance Portal and manage your details on the go with their 24/7 self-service. However, a few customer reviews note that filings can be missing or inaccurate, so this is an area to watch. IncFile seems okay, with many reviews praising their simple services, but some customers report that there are inaccuracies and mix-ups here, too.
- Registration is easy
- Both can be used via mobile
- IncFile has a substantial amount of complaints concerning inaccurate filings
CorpNet's processing time varies; in their standard packages, they'll complete your filings in 40-60 business days; however, depending on the state you're in, you may be able to purchase or upgrade for expedited filing for 24hr rush processing.
IncFile's processing times vary depending on the state, and rush processing is available though it's not as fast as CorpNet's expedited services.
Depending on the state, prices vary from $50 to $152 for expedited services. If you sign up for expedited processing, some states, such as Indiana and Minnesota, will finish the process within the next business day. Paying for expedited filing in West Virginia will decrease the wait time to four weeks.
- Expedited processing is available
- IncFile's processing times are substantially slower than CorpNet's, even with expedited filing
Compliance & Track Record
IncFile and CorpNet offer compliance services such as registered agent services, paperwork filing, incorporation services, and annual reporting.
Most customers are happy with CorpNet's compliance services as with the document management services. Across hundreds of reviews, the company has maintained a solid track record for keeping its clients in good legal standing. The handful of poor reviews seems to be based on miscommunications.
IncFile has a poorer reputation with only 2/5 stars on TrustPilot and a revoked BBB accreditation. Many reviews cite inaccuracy, data breaches, confusing pricing, and long waits for customer assistance.
- Both companies can assist you in terms of remaining legally compliant
- IncFile has quite a poor reputation for compliance as a company
CorpNet has responsive, professional customer service, and overall customer reviews are positive, with only a few negative reviews to be found. Essentially, customers report that CorpNet swiftly responds to business owners' inquiries, and any problems they face are quickly solved.
IncFile's customer service team seems to be a bit more mixed, reviews are average or poor, and customer service seems to be more limited. Reviewers reveal that they've waited several days to be contacted or have their calls returned, even when requiring urgent help.
- Customer service is available via live chat, email, and phone call
- IncFile has a poor reputation in terms of customer service
- IncFile's BBB accreditation was revoked due to unresolved customer complaints
One of the most significant reasons to choose IncFile is that they are one of the few service providers that offer business formation services for free for LLCs (aside from state filing fees). However, with their poor compliance reputation and mixed customer service reviews, it might be a good idea to look into CorpNet's basic LLC formation package, widely considered to be one of the best LLC services available. ''Cheap'' (or free) isn't always best.
IncFile is very cost-effective and can help you with your needs during the formation process if you're starting an S-corporation or C-corporation; however, as customer feedback is quite mixed and CorpNet has glowing reviews from many of their large corporate clients, it would be wise to choose CorpNet out of these two.
IncFile doesn't support Partnerships; however, CorpNet can help you set up any type of partnership.
- General Partnership (GP): This consists of business partners who actively collaborate in the company's daily operations can be made liable for debts/lawsuits
- Limited Partnership (LP) consists of one or more partners, each responsible for managing the business and one non-participant with no liability. Each of these partners is also liable for business decisions
- Limited Liability Partnership (LLP): All partners in an LLP are legally protected from liability and other partners' actions
IncFiling doesn't specifically assist with starting a non-profit, but CorpNet can help you throughout every part of the process. CorpNet helps with non-profit filing articles of incorporation plus 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status and more. CorpNet reports a high success rate for approval of non-profit applications.
The Last Word
IncFile is an affordable formation company that can help you set up your business entity. However, there are some concerns surrounding reliability. You may want to take a chance on them to save some money, especially as they offer a free agent service for the first year, but if you're looking for a more reliable service provider with good customer service, CorpNet is best for you.